Monday, April 11, 2011

Risk It All

Here is a video clip from Dr. David Platt which provides a challenge to those of us in North America, and maybe followers of Jesus in many parts of the world. For me it raises the question what am I going to live for? Am I going to live seeking to know and enjoy comfort? Or am I going to live for God's kingdom? I do not believe that God is against us having joy in life. The story of Isaac in Genesis 21 reminds us that God laughs. We should laugh too, but that is not the ultimate thing in life. This clip reminds me of how easy it is for us to be self-centered. As I start a new day, as I start each day, I see the need to ask: what am I going to live for? This clip challenges me to take that question very seriously. The investment of a life,your life matters and will leave an impact. What kind of impact and legacy do you want to leave?

Let's Risk It All

No comments:

Post a Comment