Monday, April 25, 2011

Are You a Trader?

Philippians 2 is one of the passages in the Bible that grips whenever I read it. I am struck by the directives of verses 1 to 4 about how should experience unity as follower of Jesus. I am humbled by the words of verses 6 to 11, which describe what the Lord Jesus did and that some day we will all bow before Him. The words of verses 1 to 4 reminder me that it is incredibly easy for me to be selfish. Verses 6 to 11 tell me that the impact Jesus had and will ultimately have in the eyes of all humanity is tied to His being anything but selfish. Touching the world requires being like Jesus, not like the selfish guy I can easily be and often am.

So far I have not mentioned verse 5. It is a challenging verse. It calls us to have the same attitude of Jesus. On this Easter Monday, I am profoundly grateful for what the Lord Jesus did for me on Good Friday and Resurrection Sunday.  That makes me think I need to choose verse 5. I need to live out verse 5. Please watch the link to the video below. The clip got me thinking that verse 5 living is a much better way to live on Easter Monday.

Are You a Trader?

No comments:

Post a Comment